Health is an important topic in life and also in the IELTS Speaking Exam, so it is a common topic. Being able to talk about health can help you in many ways, including getting a higher band score. Try practicing your speaking skills with some of the sample IELTS questions below:
- Do you have any unhealthy habits?
- In what ways do you try to stay healthy?
- Is it easy to keep fit where you live?
- What do you think is more important, eating healthily or doing exercise?
- What are the health benefits of playing a sport?
- Have you ever had any habits which you consider to be unhealthy?
- Do you think more about your health now than when you were younger?
Describe something you do to keep healthy.
You should say:
- what this activity is
- when you do it
- and how often you do it
and explain why you think it’s a good way to look after your health.
Describe a time when you were ill.
You should say:
- when this was
- what your symptoms were
- how long the illness lasted
and say how it affected your life at the time.
- What costs are involved when you are ill in your country?
- What are the most popular ways of keeping healthy in your country?
- Do you think most people worry more about their health as they get older?
- In your experience are people too quick to take time off work when they’re ill?
- How can people be encouraged to stay healthy?
- Why do you think some people continue bad habits when they know that they are damaging to their health?
- Do women pay more attention to their health than men?
- How can children be encouraged to adopt healthy eating habits?
- Do you think people have become more health conscious in recent years?
- What is the best way of helping people with an addiction?
- Could governments do more to promote healthier lifestyle options?