For the IELTS Writing Task 2 you need to write 250 words in a recommended time of just 40 minutes. It is perfectly natural to make some mistakes, but how can you limit the number of mistakes you actually make? Well, practice is important, but what should you take into consideration?
In this lesson, I am giving you a free checklist to use for your IELTS writing task 2 essays. Obviously, you can’t take this list into the exam, but you can practice with it at home and memorize the list in order to vastly reduce the number of mistakes you make.
After writing your essay, try to honestly consider the following ten points:
- Did you directly answer the question?
- Check for spelling errors
- Look for grammar mistakes
- Check punctuation
- Make sure there’s a variety of sentence types
- Is it correctly structured?
- Introduction and conclusion
- Clearly defined body paragraphs
- One para, one idea
- Does it have a logical flow?
- Are transition words used correctly?
- Look for vague statements – explain and give examples
- Finally, check the word count!
For more information about this checklist, and further explanation, check out my new YouTube video and don’t forget to subscribe to my channel.